East Carolina University serves a sizable constituency of students, faculty, staff, and private citizens in the state of North Carolina. To do so effectively requires strong leadership and a dynamic administration dedicated to the ideals set forth by our founders more than 100 years ago.
The university's mission is to serve as a national model for public service and regional transformation by:
• Preparing our students to compete and succeed in the global economy and multicultural society,
• Distinguishing ourselves by the ability to train and prepare leaders,
• Creating a strong, sustainable future for eastern North Carolina through education, research, innovation, investment, and outreach,
• Saving lives, curing diseases, and positively transforming health and health care, and
• Providing cultural enrichment and powerful inspiration as we work to sustain and improve quality of life.