Russia Youth Environmental Program
The Russian Youth Environmental Program (RYEP) is designed to foster greater understanding between the people of the United States and Russia and provide Russian youth with an international forum to discuss environmental issues. The program will focus on environmental sustainability – which considers how individual, community, corporate, and global practices can better contribute to the health and sustainability of the world. Russian participants will learn more about environmental sustainability, gain exposure to successful youth-led environmental and community service projects, and examine the topics of community engagement and citizen participation.
In the summer, RYEP will bring 40 Russians ages 18-20 to the United States for a four-week program consisting of training seminars, interactive group activities, site visits, and community service opportunities. Participants will be matched with environmental organizations to gain hands-on experience and learn from the leaders of the projects. The program will include cultural activities and a two week homestay so that the participants can learn about the culture and everyday life of the American people.
Are you eligible?
Application for participation in RYEP is open to candidates who meet the following requirements:
- 18 – 20 years old (applicants must be 18 years of age by June 1, 2018).
- A citizen of the Russian Federation.
- Residing in Russia at the time of this application process and through the end of 2018.
- Able to demonstrate leadership potential.
- Involved in environmental projects in the local community and willing to participate in or implement ecological community projects upon returning to Russia.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
- Eligible to receive a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa.
- Available to travel to the United States for 4 weeks between June-September 2018.
- Willing to live with a host family in the United States.
- Committed to returning to Russia immediately after completion of the program.
How to Apply
To apply for RYEP, please, fill out the online application form by clicking the button below and attach the following items to your application:
1. Two recommendation letters:
- One letter from a teacher or university professor;
- One letter from an employer/supervisor or colleague/volunteer project manager, who is familiar with your community activities and leadership experience;
Recommendation letters can be in either English or in Russian and must include the recommender’s e-mail address and cell phone for a reference check.
2. A scanned copy of your high school or university grades in Russian (only grade sheets verified by a school or university stamp will be accepted).
3. A scanned copy of your international passport (first page with photo and signature).
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
To apply please visit: http://ryep.ru/
Recruitment for the Russia Youth Environmental Program 2019 will open at the end of January 2019.